A place to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of my MS diagnosis.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why write this?

As I celebrate a successful ten years since my diagnosis, I'd like to document some of the things I've learned. This will be where I do it.


Here are some motivators for me:
  • MS can be a physically debilitating disease. Nonetheless, the most challenging problem I've faced isn't physical, it's mental. MS sufferers are in danger of letting the illness set the rules. I was in danger of settling into a helpless victim psychology when I was afflicted. This is a bit of mental shield. When I talk about my fight out loud, it's easier to hold myself to live it.

  • This is like a snapshot of my philosophy at this moment in time. It might be interesting for me or my kids to look back on it some day.

  • With all seriousness, having MS has improved the quality of my life. I need to give back. I hope my observations can help others.


1 comment:

  1. Your attitude is incredible Nevin. Keep up the great work!
    Greg Otterson

    ReplyDelete